Phoebe developed an interest in genomics during a research year in the laboratory of Professor Rup Lal at the University of Delhi, India, during which she studied the microbial diversity of chemical dumpsites. She moved from there to Cambridge University to pursue a Masters in Computational Biology. She completed her master’s thesis with Dr Mikhail Spivakov, using single cell and population-based RNASeq of vascular smooth muscle cells to investigate the cellular etiology of atherosclerosis.
Phoebe is excited to continue using sequencing approaches to study the impact of genome spatial organisation on the regulation of DNA replication timing in mammalian cells, and polymerase usage in yeast.
- Oldach, P, Nieduszynski, CA. Cohesin-Mediated Genome Architecture Does Not Define DNA Replication Timing Domains. Genes (Basel). 2019;10 (3):. doi: 10.3390/genes10030196. PubMed PMID:30836708 .
- Dobnikar, L, Taylor, AL, Chappell, J, Oldach, P, Harman, JL, Oerton, E, Dzierzak, E, Bennett, MR, Spivakov, M, Jørgensen, HF. Publisher Correction: Disease-relevant transcriptional signatures identified in individual smooth muscle cells from healthy mouse vessels. Nat Commun. 2018;9 (1):5401. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-07887-3. PubMed PMID:30559342 PubMed Central PMC6297225.
- Dobnikar, L, Taylor, AL, Chappell, J, Oldach, P, Harman, JL, Oerton, E, Dzierzak, E, Bennett, MR, Spivakov, M, Jørgensen, HF. Disease-relevant transcriptional signatures identified in individual smooth muscle cells from healthy mouse vessels. Nat Commun. 2018;9 (1):4567. doi: 10.1038/s41467-018-06891-x. PubMed PMID:30385745 PubMed Central PMC6212435.
- Verma, H, Kumar, R, Oldach, P, Sangwan, N, Khurana, JP, Gilbert, JA, Lal, R. Comparative genomic analysis of nine Sphingobium strains: insights into their evolution and hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) degradation pathways. BMC Genomics. 2014;15 :1014. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-15-1014. PubMed PMID:25418849 PubMed Central PMC4289293.
- Nayyar, N, Sangwan, N, Kohli, P, Verma, H, Kumar, R, Negi, V, Oldach, P, Mahato, NK, Gupta, V, Lal, R. Hexachlorocyclohexane: persistence, toxicity and decontamination. Rev Environ Health. 2014;29 (1-2):49-52. doi: 10.1515/reveh-2014-0015. PubMed PMID:24622782 .
- Kohli, P, Dua, A, Sangwan, N, Oldach, P, Khurana, JP, Lal, R. Draft Genome Sequence of Sphingobium ummariense Strain RL-3, a Hexachlorocyclohexane-Degrading Bacterium. Genome Announc. 2013;1 (6):. doi: 10.1128/genomeA.00956-13. PubMed PMID:24233594 PubMed Central PMC3828318.